Ceramic and prosthetics
In this module, Prof. Sailer and Prof. Beuer provide an insight into the impressioning on one- and two-piece implants, conventional and digital impressioning. When talking about two-piece implants they discuss about different abutment materials and abutment screws to combine the implant in the abutment. When it comes to two-piece implants, various abutment materials and abutment screws to combine the implant in the abutment are discussed. They also discuss which approaches are used for restorations on ceramic implants and how difficult is cementation. Restorations with single crowns, cemented and screw- retained ceramic implants are reviewed.
Price 9.99 EUR Buy module
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Know the difference between ceramic and metallic implants on impression taking procedures
- Learn if there is/will be an ideal abutment material
- Understand what challenges there are for screwed restorations of two-piece ceramic implants
- Identify what are the outcomes of single crowns on dental implants
- Understand why monolithic approaches are superior when talking about single crowns on ceramic implants
- State techniques to prevent cement excess on 1-piece implants
- Understand why you should use the screw-retention technique on two-piece-implants
This content was created in April 2019.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.