Post-operative soft tissue management
Healthy peri-implant soft tissues hold an important role in long-term implant success and in the prevention of peri-implantitis. In this module, the handling of the soft tissues after implant placement is being discussed. Dr. Otto Zuhr explains uncoverage techniques for submucosally healed implants (abutment connection), both for esthetic and non-esthetic sites. Clinical procedures to improve soft tissue conditions at transmucosal implants are also being explained.
Price 14.99 EUR Buy module
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Know the functional demands for peri-implant soft tissues: role of the keratinized attached mucosa and tissue thickness in the prevention of peri-implantitis
- Know the demands for peri-implant soft tissues in esthetic areas
- Recognize clinical situation which require soft tissue interventions
- Explain clinical procedures to improve soft tissue conditions around implants
- Perform implant uncovering procedures (abutment connection) adapted to the clinical situation - in posterior areas of the jaws or in esthetic site
This content has been reviewed by March 2016.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.