Biologic complications - Peri-implantitis
Peri-implantitis is a highly relevant topic for every dentist and surgeon placing or restoring implants. In this module, the controversy about the actual prevalence of peri-implant infections, the correct diagnosis and the right treatment approach are discussed in detail, based on the available scientific evidence.
Price 19.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 1 h 58 minutes
Assessment time: 30 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Describe the definition and clinical signs of peri-implantitis
- State prevalence and incidence of peri-implantitis and critically discuss the factors influencing these prevalence figures
- Explain the etiology of peri-implantitis: the role of micro-organisms and modifying factors
- List different non-surgical approaches for the treatment of peri-implant infections and the scientific evidence supporting the different treatment strategies
- Discuss surgical treatment of peri-implantitis and the scientific evidence
This content has been reviewed by 13th of January 2020.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.