In this module, Prof. Hom Lay Wang will provide you a detailed analysis of the long-term results of implant-supported prostheses and discuss the factors that influence the survival and complication rates. Evidence-based information is illustrated with many interesting clinical examples.
Price 14.99 EUR Buy module
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- State the 5- and 10-year survival rates of different types of implant-supported FDPs: single crowns, short-span FDPs, cantilever FDPs, mixed tooth- and implant-supported FDPs, full-arch FDPs, removable prostheses
- List the factors that influence long-term survival of implants and implant-supported prostheses
- Describe complications that are observed at implant-supported FDPs
- Set up an effective implant maintenance plan and know how to carry out implant maintenance
- Compare the survival rates of implant-supported prostheses to the survival rates of conservative treatment of natural teeth: endodontic treatment, periodontal treatment (furcation treatment) and to the survival rates of tooth-supported FDPs
- Discuss the factors that influence the decision of whether or not to extract a tooth in relation to long-term success of its prosthetic replacement
The content has been reviewed by March 2016.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.