Immediately loaded implants with screw-retained hybrid restorations in edentulous patients- part II
In the present module, the planning and surgical insertion of 4 implants in the edentulous mandible is presented by Dr. Jeff Ganeles. In addition, the prosthetic approach is shown step-by-step both for the fabrication of an implant provisional and the final restoration in immediately loaded edentulous cases. In these situations, the provisional restoration is of high importance for undisturbed implant healing and patient comfort. Therefore, the principles of the occlusal design should be considered and are being highlighted. Complications related to immediately loaded implants are being illustrated and the number of immediately loaded implants needed for the restoration of the edentulous arch is being discussed. For a successful treatment over time an appropriate maintenance is of high importance. Recommendations for the maintenance of the presented restorations are given. Several edentulous patient cases illustrate the approach of immediate loading with before-after treatment documentations.
Price 19.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 2 h 2 minutes
Assessment time: 42 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Achieve knowledge on the surgical procedure of tilted implants
- Learn the strategies for abutment selection in hybrid restorations
- Know how to fabricate an implant provisional both chairside and in the laboratory
- Understand the principles of the occlusal design with immediate loading
- Choose the optimal number of implants in the edentulous jaw for immediate loading
- Learn about the final restorative procedures including material selection
- Manage prosthetic complications
- Conduct proper maintenance procedures
This content has been reviewed by March 2016.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.