Treatment planning and therapeutical options
When planning a treatment for a given patient, it is of paramount importance to understand the specific personal wishes of the patient and to plan accordingly. Generally speaking, patients desire to be in good health, to have adequate function for mastication and speaking, and pleasing esthetics. In order to reach the patient’s desires – in particular in complex situations – a structured approach to treatment planning and to execution of therapy is necessary. This module explains and guides you through such a structured approach.
Price 14.99 EUR Buy module
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Understand that the aim of therapy always is to provide the patient with teeth improving his health, function and esthetics
- Understand that planning of complex patient situations involves applying a systematic approach
- Apply a concept to address a complex patient situation in a systematic way
- Systematically assess prognosis of individual teeth
- Identify factors critical for successful treatment related to the patient desires, possibilities, habits and general health status
- Understand the importance of treating all diseases in the oral cavity prior to implant placement
- Plan and conduct preparatory treatments according to a specific scheme of therapy
- Assess the outcomes of preparatory treatments and plan the successive treatment steps accordingly
- Schedule decision making for implant placement governed by the need for additional prosthetic abutments within the overall treatment plan and the optimal time point within the flow of treatment
- Make the correct decisions to place implants in strategically important positions according to the defined prosthetic criteria of the overall treatment plan
This content has been reviewed by March 2016.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.