Sinus floor elevation
In this module, Prof. Pascal Valentini will give you a detailed insight into the topic of sinus floor elevation. He discusses important aspects of sinus floor elevation including: anatomical and physiological considerations as preparation for surgery, patient selection, diagnostics (CBCT), surgical technique, grafting material and complication management. These aspects are nicely illustrated by a lot of clinical cases and surgical videos.
Price 19.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 2 h 29 minutes
Assessment time: 1 h 6 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated 4 times. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Know the indications and contra-indications for maxillary sinus grafting
- Understand which sinus anatomies influence the surgical complication rate
- Detect peculiarities which could alter healthy sinus physiology post operatively
- Know the long term implant survival rate after sinus floor augmentation and implant placement
- Understand the mechanism of bone regeneration within the maxillary sinus
- Learn surgical techniques and gain knowledge about grafting materials
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of grafting materials and should be able to choose an appropriate grafting material for sinus floor augmentation according to clinical and scientific considerations
- Detect “at risk” situations, which are likely to induce complications and how to manage them?
- Diagnose these complications
- Learn prevention and management of complications during and after sinus floor augmentation
This content has been reviewed by 13th of January 2020.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.