Non-surgical periodontal therapy
In this module Profs. Mariano Sanz and David Herrera will provide you detailed information on the elements of non-surgical periodontal therapy and on the clinical process to provide this therapy to patients affected by periodontal disease. Evidence-based information is illustrated with interesting clinical examples.
Price 14.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 51 minutes
Assessment time: 42 minutes
Limitations of non-surgical periodontal therapyAuthor David Herrera
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated 4 times. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Understand the objectives of basics periodontal therapy
- Be familiar with the treatment sequence and understand the role of the different treatment phases
- Understand the specific aims of cause-related basic periodontal therapy
- Understand the importance to eliminate plaque and calculus from the tooth surfaces
- Understand the importance to eliminate gingival inflammation
- Be able to comprehend the process that leads to reduction of periodontal pocket depth and to the maintenance of attachment levels
- Be familiar with the degree of efficacy of this mode of periodontal therapy
- Understand the limitation of non-surgical periodontal therapy including: patient’s capacity of mouth opening, operator experience, operator skill level, quality of the therapeutic instruments
- Plan the correct treatment sequence encompassing: patient information, control of systemic factors and other risk factors, motivation and instruction in oral hygiene, diagnosis and treatment of acute oral conditions, supragingival prophylaxis and elimination of retentive factors, subgingival root debridement (scaling and root planning), adjunctive use of antiseptics and/or antibiotics
This content has been reviewed by 13th of January 2020.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.