Ceramic and surgery – One piece implants
Prof. Hämmerle and Prof. Jung provide an overview of one-piece implants in terms of patient benefits, options offered during surgery, osseointegration and long-term clinical predictability.
Price 9.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 47 minutes
Assessment time: 24 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated 4 times. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Understand the patient’s need or interest in Zirconia implants
- Recognize the potential of titanium to cause body reactions leading to bone loss
- Understand the principles of osseointegration of Zirconia implants
- Predict the long-term performance of Zirconia one piece implants
- Understand the principles of soft tissue attachment around Zirconia implants
- Explain the characteristics of Zirconia surfaces on biofilm formation compared to titanium
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of restoring one-piece Zirconia implants
- Estimate the survival and complications rates of Zirconia crowns cemented on one-piece Zirconia implants
- Understand the clinical indications of Zirconia one piece implants
- Explain the limitations of Zirconia one piece implants in clinical practice
This content was created in April 2019.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.