Prosthetics: Single crowns
For the prosthetic restoration of single tooth implants, a variety of treatment options exists: Metal or ceramic abutments, screw-retained or cemented crowns, all-ceramic or metal-ceramic crowns etc. This module will guide you through these treatment options and help you to take evidence-based decisions.
Price 19.99 EUR Buy module
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Discuss the restorative treatment options for implant single crowns in esthetic and non-esthetic areas and their benefits and limitations
- Perform conditioning procedures of the peri-implant soft tissues in esthetic and non-esthetic areas
- Evaluate the esthetic impact of different abutment and crown materials
- Know which type is best suitable in esthetic and non-esthetic areas
- Understand why ceramics and metal have different material properties
- Be familiar the digital workflow in implant prosthodontics and evaluate the possibilities and limitations today
- Give future perspectives on the digitalization of implant dentistry
- Explain the surgical differences of cemented and screw-retained crowns and discuss the biological effects of excess cement
- State the survival rates and technical and biological complication rates of cemented and screw-retained reconstructions
- Apply the current recommendations for the fixation method
- Evaluate the 5- and 10- year survival rates of implant-supported fixed reconstructions
- Compare the outcomes of all-ceramic and metal-ceramic implant-supported reconstructions
This content has been reviewed by March 2016.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.