Prof. Niklaus Lang provides you with the background knowledge of osseointegration, the basis of implant dentistry. He presents and summarizes the relevant animal and human studies on osseointegration, discusses histological evidence and shows impressive documentation of bone formation around dental implants.
Price 14.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 1 h 45 minutes
Assessment time: 27 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Understand the principle of bone formation in growth, development and repair
- Distinguish between early healing events and late healing events
- Explain how bone formation occurs around dental implants
- Distinguish between implant materials that do result in osseointegration and those that do not
- Recognize which implant surface characteristics are beneficial for osseointegration
- Identify implant surfaces, which accelerate early bone healing
- Predict the amount of bone-to-implant contact to be expected with moderately rough surfaces
- Explain the influence of a microgap on osseointegration
- Comprehend the clinical implications of the osseointegration process regarding early implant loading
This content has been reviewed by March 2016.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.