Alveolar ridge preservation
When a tooth is considered to be irrational to treat and needs to be extracted every dentist needs to take decisions on whether to let the socket heal spontaneously with a blood clot or whether to perform alveolar ridge preservation procedures. In this module you are going to learn all the important decision-making factors and the clinical handling after tooth extraction to choose either between spontaneous healing after tooth extraction or immediate implant placement or alveolar ridge preservation procedures.
Price 14.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 2 h 0 minutes
Assessment time: 36 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated 4 times. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Describe the dimensional changes of the alveolar ridge comparing between spontaneous healing, immediate implant placement and grafting procedures of the extraction sockets
- List the advantages and disadvantages of spontaneous healing, of immediate implant placement and of alveolar ridge preservation after tooth extraction
- Understand the scientific evidence for the efficiency of various alveolar ridge preservation techniques
- Identify the critical soft tissue quantity and quality for additional soft tissue augmentation procedures concomitant with the tooth extraction
- Understand the important characteristics of bone substitute materials as grafting materials for extraction sockets
- Choose the right materials for alveolar ridge preservation procedures
- Judge different clinical situations either in the anterior or posterior area and the choose the right treatment after tooth extraction
- Understand the long term benefit of alveolar ridge preservation procedures
This content has been reviewed by 13th of January 2020.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.