Postoperative care and complications
In this module, Dr. Thomas G. Wilson, Jr., presents a variety of post-operative complications, discusses their prevention as well as treatment. Dr. Wilson’s lessons covers the spectrum from the initial consultation through long-term follow up.
Price 19.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 1 h 29 minutes
Assessment time: 54 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Reduce potential post-operative complications through effective planning and preparation
- Reduce post-operative complications by optimized communication with the patient and their caregiver
- Understand how compliance can affect healing
- Understand informed consent
- Understand when not to do surgery
- Understand the most common errors during surgery that can cause post-operative complications and what to do when they occur
- Understand the most common early post-operative complications and their management
- Understand which late post-operative complications may arise and their management
This content has been reviewed by March 2016.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.