Pre- and peri-operative soft tissue management
Soft tissue management is an essential part of successful implant treatment. In this module, the aspects of soft tissue management previous to and simultaneous with implant placement are discussed.
Price 9.99 EUR Buy module
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Assess the soft tissue quality and quantity of a clinical site (color, texture, presence of keratinized tissue, scarring)
- Recognize clinical situations in which pre- or peri-operative soft tissue management is required, i.e. list the indications for soft tissue interventions
- Choose the right timing and technique for soft tissue augmentation
- Distinguish between esthetic and non-esthetic sites in relation to their need for soft tissue management
- List available connective tissue substitutes
- Choose the right microsurgical instruments and suturing materials for soft tissue interventions
- Handle soft tissue correctly during implant placement: perform flap elevation, handle papillae and place vertical releasing incisions
- Stabilize soft tissue grafts and achieve tension-free wound closure by placing the right sutures in order to achieve per primam healing
This content has been reviewed by March 2016.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.