Implant surgery - Part II
Appropriate planning and preparation of surgical procedures is an essential part of treatment with dental implants. This module includes all basic aspects of this preparation: patient information and premedication, preparation of surgical instruments and materials, choosing the right implant and determining the ideal implant position using a stent. The module also explains the step-by-step procedure of placing the implant by applying the correct drilling protocol.
Price 14.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 1 h 15 minutes
Assessment time: 39 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated 4 times. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Inform patients correctly about the surgical procedures (clinical procedures, duration of treatment, postoperative care, risks and complications etc.)
- Administer premedication for implant surgery in collaboration with the patient’s general practitioner (Antibiotics, anxiolytic or sedative agents, adaptation of anticoagulation, pain management)
- Monitor the preparation of surgical materials and instruments for implant placement
- Plan the implant placement using all diagnostic information such as conventional X-rays, casts, photos and other clinical parameters from the implant site
- List the parameters that determine the ideal implant position
- Use a conventional surgical template and communicate with the dental technician about the design of the template
- Choose the right implant for each specific situation: understand the implications of different implant types (shape and diameter, one piece vs. two piece implants)
- Perform the actual implant placement by following a drilling protocol using the correct instruments
This content has been reviewed by 13th of January 2020.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.