In every clinical situation, which is scheduled for an implant placement, a decision needs to be taken in regards to the right time after tooth extraction to insert the implant. In this module you are going to learn all the important decision-making factors (anatomical, esthetical, clinical, radiographical and patient centered) to chose the correct timing for implant placement after tooth extraction.
Price 19.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 1 h 45 minutes
Assessment time: 45 minutes
Definitions and characteristics of the different implant time-points after tooth extractionAuthor Ronald E. Jung
Clinical examination for the right implant timing - Part IAuthor Ronald E. Jung
Clinical examination for the right implant timing - Part IIAuthor Ronald E. Jung
Radiographic examination for the right implant timingAuthor Ronald E. Jung
Clinical concepts for choosing the right implant time-pointAuthor Ronald E. Jung
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated 4 times. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
Definitions and characteristics of the different implant time-points after tooth extraction Assessment
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Describe the definitions of the different implant time points after tooth extraction including their advantages and disadvantages
- Understand the scientific evidence of the long-term survival and success rates of implants placed at different time points after tooth extraction
- List the criteria for indications and contraindications of immediate implant placement
- List the criteria for indications and contraindications of delayed implant placement
- Identify the critical anatomical, esthetical, clinical and radiographical factors for the decision-making process to find the right implant time point after tooth extraction
- Understand the dimensional changes of the alveolar ridge after immediate or delayed implant placement
- List the indications for bone regeneration procedures simultaneously with implant placement
- Identify the need for additional soft tissue grafting before, concomitant or after implant placement
- Differentiate between the correct implant time point after tooth extraction dependent of whether the implant placement is taking place in the anterior, the premolar or the molar area
This content has been reviewed by 13th of January 2020.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.