The impact of human factors in dentistry
Dr. Renouard, an internationally acclaimed oral surgeon, explains the concept of human factors in dentistry. In his 6 lessons, he parallels lessons learnt from aviation with dental surgery and conveys how an understanding of human factors reduces error and improves safety.
Price 19.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 2 h 6 minutes
Assessment time: 33 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated 4 times. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of human factors and their significance in the medical field.
- Recognize the complexity of the medical environment and its susceptibility to errors.
- Comprehend that decision-making in healthcare is a complex process that is not entirely rational.
- Appreciate the importance of experience alongside knowledge in medical practice.
- Differentiate between skills, knowledge, and performance in the context of healthcare.
- Understand the physiological aspects of stress and its normalcy.
- Identify early warning signs of stress in a healthcare setting.
- Grasp the impact of stress on the safety of daily medical practices.
- Understanding that errors will inevitably happen.
- Understand the role of protective barriers in reducing errors and mitigating their consequences.
- Recognize the importance of sharing experiences of errors to enhance safety in medical practices.
- Understand the effectiveness of checklists as barriers to complications in medical procedures.
- Understanding that checklists must be used systematically.
- Gain an understanding of Threat and Error Management in the medical field.
- Recognize the importance of opting for simple protocols and procedures to enhance safety and efficiency in healthcare.