Digital planning and guided surgery
In this comprehensive module Professor Peter Moy focuses on the digital workflow involved in implant dentistry. Within 5 lessons the clinican is guided through the sequence of digital planning and guided surgery. The necessary presurgical clinical and laboratory steps as well as the different elements needed for the surgical intervention are explained.
Price 19.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 1 h 25 minutes
Assessment time: 54 minutes
Author dmd Peter Moy
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Know the sequential steps of digital planning and guided surgery
- Explain the importance of an accurate diagnostic set-up as a prerequisite for a proper digital planning
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of two current scanning methods
- Realize where pitfalls my be encountered during the scanning procedure
- Become familiar with the basic working functions of a planning software
- Know the necessary presurgical laboratory steps and the different elements needed for the surgical intervention
- Explain the importance of seating a surgical template at the proper vertical dimension
- Address critical steps during guided surgery
- Understand the importance of proper line of communication between surgeon and dental technician
This content has been reviewed by 13th of January 2020.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.