In this module, Prof. Bjarni Pjetursson will provide you an insight into the technical complications that you will encounter at implant-supported reconstructions. He will lecture about complications such as fractures of the veneering ceramic or framework, abutment and screw loosenings and fractures, and implant fractures.
Price 19.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 2 h 19 minutes
Assessment time: 48 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated 4 times. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Name factors that are associated with technical complications
- Describe measures to prevent or avoid technical complications
- State the 5-year complication rate for specific complication types: e.g. abutment screw loosening or fracture of the veneering types
- Discuss the influence of materials (metal vs. ceramic) or implant connection type (internal vs. external) on the complication rate
- Discuss critically the relevance of complication rates reported in older studies for today’s components and materials
This content has been reviewed by 13th of January 2020.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.