Immediate implant placement -factors influencing the esthetic success
In this module Professor Joseph Kan reviews the factors that can lead to success and failure during immediate implant placement in the esthetic zone. Within three lessons the most important aspects influencing the esthetic outcome are addressed: the influence of different gingival biotypes, the impact of the facial bone contour, the gap configuration, the ideal implant size and position for immediate implant placement.
Price 14.99 EUR Buy module
Total lectures time: 1 h 25 minutes
Assessment time: 30 minutes
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Explain the main esthetic complications associated with immediate implant placement
- Address favourable and risk factors influencing the predictability of immediate implant placement
- Describe the ridge dimensional changes after tooth extraction in the anterior region
- List the different gingival biotypes and the drawbacks of a thin gingiva
- Consider the benefits of a connective tissue graft in connection with immediate implant placement in the esthetic zone
- Explain different methods to evaluate and quantify the buccal bone
- Describe the ideal implant position in the anterior socket and how to achieve primary stability
- Address the most appropriate implant diameter and implant shape for immediate implant placement
- Understand the importance and the ideal size of a gap between an immediate placed implant and the buccal bone wall
- Describe the most appropriate GBR procedures after immediate implant placement to compensate for the facial ridge remodelling process