Choice of abutment
When restoring implants with fixed crown and bridgework, the clinician faces a variety of implant abutments to choose from: Abutments made of different materials (metal or ceramics) and fabricated with different techniques (cast or CAD/CAM abutments). In this module, these treatment options are discussed in detail, including their esthetic, mechanical and biological impact and long-term performance.
Price 14.99 EUR Buy module
Biologics and Materials – soft tissue interface and material selectionAuthor Stefan Holst
To earn CE credits a lecture has to be watched completely and the referring exam needs to be passed. An exam is passed if at least 70% of all answers are correct.
After achievement a personal certificate is issued. It is valid 1 year. The certificate is anytime retrievable in the „My certificates“ area on Dental Campus.
The exam can be repeated twice. Each re-examination can be taken after anytime.
For CE information click here
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of the interface between the restoration and the soft tissue
- Describe the impact of material selection on the stability of peri-implant tissue architecture
- Discuss indications and limitations and associated risks when selecting different abutment materials
- Understand the impact of manufacturing quality on the long-term performance of abutments
- Know the broad range of treatment options depending on the clinical situation and level of experience
- Understand the scientific knowledge gap on ideal abutment contour and design
This content has been reviewed by March 216.
Disclaimer: The content provider of this e-learning module declares no relevant financial relationship related to any commercial product(s) or service(s) discussed in the presentations that create a conflict of interest.